THE KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE PLATFORM IS A COLLABORATIVE INITIATIVE OF THE BUREAU OF ENERGY EFFICIENCY AND INSTITUTE FOR INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTIVITY TO PROMOTE AND SHARE BEST PRACTICES AND ENERGY EFFICIENT TECHNOLOGIES AMONG THE LARGE SCALE INDUSTRIES
- Facilitate exchange of knowledge and information within a particular industry sector to help the lagging industrial units (and encourage peer to peer learning) improve the efficiency of their operations and narrow down the SEC bandwidth in the sector.
- Facilitate exchange of energy management best practices across sectors in common areas like utilities, where there is a high possibility of replication.
- Facilitate sharing of information/capacity building on upcoming approaches to energy management and to new and innovative technological choices for promoting energy efficiency available at the international level.
- Create a vibrant platform for industry & BEE interface not only for smoother implementation of PAT but also for policy discussion to aid sustained actions on industrial energy management.
The KEP has been anchored at BEE to carry out the day to day operations activities. The key activities performed by the platform are :
- KEP secretariat is established at Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), The Secretariat facilitates timely release of KEP Publications, plan and organize sector activities for knowledge exchange among the industrial sectors through sectoral workshops, friendly energy efficiency exchange visits.
- KEP also work in collaboration, partnerships and networking within and across Industry Associations for transfer of best practices.
- Support Training and Capacity Building by using the existing Centers of Excellence and creating a pool of resources.
ROLE OF BEE & IIP
Role of BEE
BEE essentially provide oversight, advisory and facilitation support for the project. The support includes the provision of convening power for bringing together the industry partners and other stakeholders active in India in the area of industrial energy efficiency. The BEE would also support and guide KEP for design and implementation of the program, review and facilitate the implementation of the work plan for the project and to monitor its impact jointly with IIP.
Role of IIP
IIP is providing operational support required for the project. This support has been provided through IIP’s own resources or the additional money that IIP is able to leverage from its partners. The operational support includes, ensuring the operations of the secretariat and creation of Sectoral Learning Groups. IIP would also support the development of knowledge products and facilitate flow of knowledge and information through workshops, webinars, consultations and seminars at national/ regional/ global levels.