5 Day Preparatory Training Course for the 18th National Certification Examination for Energy Managers and Energy Auditors under KEP initiative
Date(s) - 17/07/2017 - 21/07/2017
9:30 am - 6:00 pm
Marigold Board Room,
Knowledge Exchange Platform (KEP) organised a “5 Day Preparatory Training Program for the 18th National Certification Examination for Energy Managers and Energy Auditors” from 17th July to 21st July, 2017 at Marigold, India Habitat Centre, Lodhi Road, New Delhi. This preparatory training program focused on strengthening the capacity of prospective energy professionals to write the Energy Auditor and Energy Manager Certification Examination and supporting industry in all their effort towards enhancing energy productivity.
As per the Energy Conservation (EC) Act 2001, it is mandatory for all the Designated Consumers (DC’s)/ industries covered under the Perform Achieve and Trade (PAT) scheme to get an energy audit conducted by an Accredited Energy Auditor (AEA) and to designate or appoint a Certified Energy Manager or Certified Energy Auditor. There are currently 737 DCs covered under the PAT scheme, which is expected to rise further in the subsequent cycles of PAT. This means that there is already a huge demand for trained and certified Energy Manager and Energy Auditor.
As per the provisions under the EC Act, Bureau of Energy Efficiency, Ministry of Power, Government of India, conducts an annual National level Certification Examination for Energy Managers and Energy Auditors. The 18th National Certification Examination for Energy Managers and Energy Auditors is being conducted on 23rd & 24th September, 2017 all over the country. Click here to download the Prospectus of the Examination. The plant engineers/ energy professionals working at your plant can enroll for this examination via: http://aipnpc.org/
The role of Energy Auditors and Energy Managers is becoming increasingly important in context of getting ISO certification, implementation of PAT scheme etc. and the industry is looking for trained professionals, who can assist them in achieving continuous improvement of energy performance and helping them achieve energy efficiency. Keeping this in mind, the 5 Day Preparatory Training Program, covering all the 4 papers, was organised from 17th July, 2017 to 21st July, 2017 at New Delhi, by KEP with the following specific objectives:
• To provide an in-depth, comprehensive learning and problem-solving forum to help the candidates prepare for the examination.
• Outline key concepts, approaches and examining the basic fundamentals within all key areas of energy management.
• Broader understanding of the thermal systems within facilities like boilers, steam distribution, fuels and combustion, furnaces, insulation and refractories, cogeneration, waste heat recovery, and evaluating their energy usage.
• Broader understanding of the electrical systems within facilities like motors, pumps, compressor systems, HVAC and refrigeration system, fans, lighting, cooling tower and evaluating their energy usage.
• To enhance the knowledge and confidence it takes to effectively apply state-of-the-art principles of energy cost management.
• Enhancing critical workforce competencies by providing foundational knowledge, updates on advanced technologies and tools.
• Comprehensive practice sessions with question bank to build the confidence of the candidates.
The above program was attended by 24 officials working in various sectors viz. Aluminium, Cement, Iron & Steel, Pulp & Paper and Textile.
Participants at the 5 Days’ Preparatory Training Program
Click here to download the Course Brochure providing details regarding the training fee, course coverage, schedule and registration procedure. For more information, please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com.
(Please Note: 1. It is not mandatory to attend any preparatory training program to write the National Certification Examination for Energy managers and Energy Auditors. 2. This preparatory training program is being organized by Knowledge Exchange Platform (KEP) and Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) is not involved in any way.)